Hello readers! Phew, it had been a very busy week for us with lectures to attend, journals to read and review, labs to finish, reports to hand in.. Could never list down all the things that are needed to be done.
Gahhhhh!
By the end of the week, we are so overwhelmed with paperwork and deadlines!
Need time to breathe!!!
Yeah, just lie down and just breathe..
Heard yoga can help relax too?
I'll probably just get more frustrated because I can't get the poses right.
Nope, not for me.
So what else could we do to relax?
Oh yea, you guessed it right.
F-O-O-D!!!
So last Friday, we all went down to Souled Out Hartamas for some good old comfort food with great service. It was pretty jammed, but we reached there in no time using the Sprint Highway.
Tip: Do NOT take the Federal Highway, I repeat, do NOT take Federal. take NPE to get to Sprint, unless you want to be stuck in the after office hours jam.
Reached Souled Out at about 6.30pm. We were lucky to grab a place at a carpark nearby. Parking rates: RM5 flat rate. There was a jockey to collect money after parking your car. Didn't feel like rounding elsewhere for parking, so we just paid the guy. The place looks packed already anyways.
We went in, hoping to get a table. To our dismay, we were told that the indoor and outdoor seating area was fully booked! I had no idea it was going to be so packed! In the end, we ended up seating opposite the restaurant under a canopy, right beside a stage.
Tip: Book especially on a Friday night!!

Souled out, Hartamas
The building looks like it is in need of a good paint job.
The seating area wasn't too bad I guess. Gives us the chance to people watch. It was pretty cooling as well. The service wasn't so bad either, despite sitting on the opposite end. There was always a waiter/waitress stationed there to take care of our needs.

The menu.
I was a bit decisive this time, as I had browsed through their online menu here before hand. So I had a rough indication of what to order and the price.

That's me and Bug!
Mandy ordered a Seafood Marinara spiralli (which is the spiral pasta thingies). It was the first to come. I could drool at her pasta.

Seafood Marinara spiralli (RM25)
Ok, I had no idea how come blogger shrinked my pictures. Anyways, this pasta is a great choice for seafood lovers. It was packed with fresh seafood, ranging from mussels to prawns. The prawns were pretty big and fresh. From the looks of it, the mussels look good too. Mandy polished her plate, so it must be a great dish. :D

Look at his happy face! Oh gosh!
The carbonara came with a little bread stick, how cute! The pasta was overflowing with beef bacon bits. Pasta was creamy enough, and I was trying real hard not to finish his whole plate. Between this one and The Bee, and Vary Pasta, I kinda like this one the most. Besides the bacon bits, it was creamy enough. but not too creamy until it makes you feel jelak. Well, then again, its probably not me eating the whole plate so thats why I don't feel the effect. Vary Pasta is a little bit on the sweet side, which means too much cream! But it is still good, but I'm happiest with this one. =)
Oh yes, how could I forget to introduce our drinks? We had a mojito, at RM10 per glass as we managed to catch the happy hour. A mojito is basically a combination of rum, lime and mint leaves, with the flavouring of choice. Tastes alright to me.

Red Dragon mojito (dragon fruit)
It was a bit on a strong side, for me. Not suitable for heaty people though cause I fell sick from the heat the next day. Oops! Low alcohol tolerance here! But it was a memorable try.
My dish came the last. The Sake San Pizza. Yummy! It was the sole reason that I wanted to come here. It is a Japanese fusion pizza, where it is generously topped with salmon, roe, japanese mayo, wasabi, and some veggies. Here is the star of the day:

Sake San pizza 11 inch (RM32)
My favourite of all, if I must say. The base is very crunchy and light, evidence from the pizza tossing, and enables us to savour the fillings of the pizza. The pizza was cut into 8 slices, I had half of the pizza, and the rest was shared with my peeps. The mayo, salmon, wasabi and veggies compliment each other beautifully, creating an explosion of flavours on the tastebuds. Don't worry about the wasabi, it is so light until you could just get a hint of it. No burning nose for this one! :)
Lastly, we also ordered a Lava Cake (Rm14) for dessert to share. Nothing really special there in my opinion, I felt that I could make better for the price. No pictures of the lava cake as we were too excited to dig in.
Verdict: Souled Out is a nice place to come and chill and have a good makan fest with friends. The atmosphere feels like a al fresco version of TGIF. Service was good and fast, no complains about the service. The waiter seems to know his stuff, so kudos on that. Food wise, it was pretty decent. I personally adore the sake san pizza, but their pastas are pretty wicked too. Unfortunately, it ain't that cheap. The bill came up to a whopping RM140.40 after 16% tax. Pretty ouch on the wallet there. But I don't mind coming here again once in awhile for their pizza.

Plus there is a booze cruiser if you get too tipsy to drive. :) talk about personal service!
Souled Out (Hartamas Branch)
20, Jalan 20/70A
Desa Sri Hartamas
50480 KL
Tel +603 23001929
Click here for their official website and the driving directions to their page. :)
Love, Bee




No comments:
Post a Comment